Féile na nGael Charter 2012
An Coiste Stiúrtha Náisiúnta Féile na nGael, appointed by An tUachtarán CLG, will have responsibility for the organisation of Féile na nGael, the All-Ireland club competition for hurling, camogie and handball at Fé 14 level.
It is empowered to:
a) Interpret the rules and have the final and sole responsibility for all matters
pertaining to Féile na nGael save where otherwise stated in this charter.
b) Organise Féile na nGael into a number of divisions, as it sees fit.
c) Decide the number of teams to qualify from each division.
d) Grade the visiting teams, which will normally consist of one representative
from each county and units abroad. However, An Coiste Stiúrtha Náisiúnta
may invite more than one representative from a county or counties, as it deems
e) Nominate a host county/counties for the national finals for approval by An
f) Agree, in consultation with the Host County Committee/County Committees,
the appointment of a Coiste Féile Áitiúla, which will have the responsibility
for the organisation of Féile na nGael within the county/counties.
g) Liaise with the Coiste Féile Áitiúla to approve details of organisation, finance,
planning and publicity.
h) Control the financial administration of Féile na nGael. It will be responsible
for the budget and will furnish an annual financial statement to An Coiste
i) Delegate the organisation and staging of the Camogie and Handball County
Competitions to Cumann Camógaíochta na nGael and Comhairle Liathróid
Láimhe na hÉireann, respectively.
j) Arrange the appointment, as observers to the current Coiste Féile Áitiúla, the
Chairman and Secretary of the incoming Féile Áitiúla, in order to ensure
continuity of organisational responsibilities.
k) The quorum for a properly constituted meeting of An Coiste Stiúrtha Náisiúnta Féile
na nGael shall be a minimum of 3 members. In the absence of An Cathaoirleach, the
members present shall select a Cathaoirleach to chair the meeting.
An Coiste Áitiúla Féile na nGael
An Coiste Áitiúla Féile na nGael will consist of a Cathaoirleach, Runai and chairpersons of
the following sub-committees: Schools’ Visitations sub-committee,
Parade sub-committee, Fixtures sub-committee, Camogie sub-committee, Handball
sub-committee, PR sub-committee and other sub-committees, which may be deemed
It will have responsibility for:
1. The organisation of Féile na nGael within the county/counties.
2. The provision of the appropriate number of host club teams and the grading of
3. The provision of accommodation for visiting teams and officials.
4. The provision of an adequate network of playing fields, referees, stewards and
5. A fund-raising structure to meet the financial targets determined by An Coiste
6. The provision of maximum publicity in the county/counties, which will
encourage and motivate all Féile personnel and create a widespread awareness
of the event.
7. The provision of a structure, which will have the capacity to stage the Féile
Parade, to co-ordinate transport, catering arrangements, produce the Féile
programme and implement other duties, which may be assigned by An Coiste
8. The making of draws in each division, the fixing of venues and the
appointment of referees.
9. The provision of alternative sets of jerseys in the event of a clash of colours
between two visiting teams.
· Each county is responsible for the first stage of Féile na nGael, which will take place within the county.
· Every club in each county will be encouraged to take part in Féile na nGael.
· Each county will organise an individual Skillstar competition.
The winning club team and Skillstar winner will qualify to represent the county at the National finals. The Skillstar cannot be a member of the winning club team.
The Rúnaí of the winning club will correspond with the Rúnaí of An Coiste Áitiúla in the host county/counties on all matters relative to their hosting and travelling.